Duty-free allowance EU
When traveling across Europe, a number of laws restrict amounts of goods brought in to respective countries duty-free, especially regarding alcohol, tobacco, and perfumes. Since Poland is an EU member, standard policies apply. When entering the country from other EU country, you usually are not required to declare any goods, as long as their amount stays within justified limits.
You are able to take with you the following amounts as for your personal use.
From other EU countries, up to:
- 800 cigarettes
- 400 cigarillos
- 200 cigars
- 1 kg of tobacco
- 10 litres of spirits
- 20 litres of fortified wine
- 90 litres of wine (including a maximum of 60 litres of sparkling wines)
- 110 litres of beer
From non-EU countries, up to:
- either 200 cigarettes or 50 cigars or 0.25 kilogram of tobacco
- 1 litre of strong liquors
- 2 litres of alcoholic drinks
- 2 litres of wine
- 5 litres of beer
If you bring perfumes and toilet waters from other EU countries in your luggage, they are generally exempt from duties as long as the quantity is up to 50 millilitres (1.7 fluid ounce), and 250 millilitres of toilet waters.
Other restrictions apply only to valuable goods brought to Poland, so you will not have to declare any goods until their combined value does not exceed 175 euro (or 90 euro in case of under-age visitors).
Duty-free in Krakow
In the Krakow Airport, duty-free zone houses several shops, in which you are able to buy alcohol, tobacco, perfumes, electronics, and press, as well as souvenirs from Poland. Krakow Airport shops where you can purchase goods duty-free include:
- Aelia Boutique selling top quality perfumes and cosmetics, alcohol, tobacco and sweets.
- Press, books and travel accessories can be bought in Relay, Keraniss and Discover Poland, that also sells souvenirs from Poland.
- Souvenirs can be found also in Senses of Krakow.
- Amber Jewellery offers a wide selection of one of Polish biggest treasures – amber.
- Watches, glasses, and jewellery from best labels in the world can be bought in the Fashion Place Accessories.