Aleksandrowicz Julian

Aleksandrowicz Julian was born in 1908, he was a doctor, hematologist, professor at Medical Akademy, was born and died in Krakow.  He was studying first at medical department , then at the department of physical education at Jagiellonian University. He has got his doctor degree in  1934 and then was working as an assistant at St. Lazarus Hospital in Krakow till the beginning of the WWII. He took part in the defensive war of 1939(September Campaign), in 1942-1944 he was leading the hospital in Krakow ghetto. He was a member of some conspiracy organizations, in 1943-1944 he was helping the Polish Home Army partisan unit “Jodła”, his nickname was Doktor Twardy. After the end of the war he made a great medical career, especially famous for popularizing the ecological diagnosis and preventing of lymphocytic leukemia and multiple sclerosis. He was an owner of big number of patents and an author of multiple science articles.

He was awarded with:

  • Silver Cross of the Virtuti Militari
  • Commander’s Cross of the Order of Polonia Restituta
  • Cross of Merit with Swords
  • Cross of Valour

One of the streets in Krakow was named after Doktor Twardy. He died in 1988.

Suggested
Suggested contents and articles.
Suggested Contents
Home Army Museum
The Home Army Museum in Krakow was established in 2000 to commemorate one of the most important organizations in the Polish history. It is the only institution in Poland that promotes knowledge about the Polish Underground State and its armed forces. The Museum bears the name of August Emil Fieldorf “Nil”,
Krakow Ghetto
Krakow Ghetto was established in 1941 in Podgorze district. It was one of five major, metropolitan Jewish ghettos created by Nazi Germany in the territories of occupied Poland (General Government – Generalne Gubernatorstwo). Before 1939, Krakow was inhabited by around 70.000 Jews, with the vast majority living in the district
Schindler’s Factory
Oskar Schindler Oskar Schindler was a German industrialist and owner of the enamelware factory in Krakow. He bought the establishment in Krakow in 1939 from previous owners and soon Schindler’s factory became one of the most prominent in the area. In 1943 Schindler run a production line of ammunition and military equipment
Comments
All comments.
Comments