Gablerzy Jerzy

Musician, conductor, composer, born in Kraków in 1888, died in a plane crash near Piaseczno. A graduate of the Sobieski Gymnasium, he graduated in law at the Jagiellonian University and in medicine under the supervision of Żeleński and Nowowiejski. His whole family was very musical, he himself played the organ, piano, cello, and flute. Initially, he worked for his father in the mustard and vinegar factory, and after his father’s death, he devoted himself to music. He composed an opera based on L. Rydel’s “Enchanted Wheel”. , His creative output includes two symphonies, 10 poems, symphonic works, piano concertos, sonatas, and about 70 songs for voice and piano. In the interwar years, his works were popular. There is a commemorative plaque on the facade of the house in which he lived.

4/5 - (1 vote)
Suggested contents and articles.
Suggested Contents
Poet, playwright, prose writer, translator, born and died in Krakow. He studied law at the Jagiellonian University, where he obtained his doctorate and continued his studies in Berlin. Later, he lived in Warsaw, where he collaborated with “Gazeta Polska”. He married the daughter of a peasant from Bronowice Małe, Wyspiański
University Quarter in the Krakow Old Town comprises the oldest buildings and collages of the Jagiellonian University. All of them are located in close neighbourhood to each other and are still in use today. The most significant points of the University Quarter are: Collegium Maius, Professors’ Garden and Collegium Novum. Collegium
Jagiellonian University was established in 1364. It is the oldest university in Poland and one of the oldest in the world. Today, Jagiellonian University is one of the most prestigious. Thousands of students draw inspiration from the legacy of University’s most famous alumni, such as Nicolaus Copernicus, Wislawa Szymborska and Karol Wojtyla (later Pope
Jagiellonian University Museum is located in University’s oldest building – Collegium Maius. Jagiellonian University was founded in 1364 by king Casimir III the Great. Initially, it did not have a headquarters and lectures were probably held in the Wawel Castle. In 1400, king Wladyslaw II Jagiello purchased a building at the
All comments.