Jakubowski Maciej

Maciej Jakubowski was a pediatrician and a professor at the Jagiellonian University. He was born in 1837 in Krakow and died there in 1915. He studied medicine at the Jagiellonian University, and later in Vienna, Prague and Paris. In 1864 he founded the first Department of Paediatrics at the Jagiellonian University in Poland, and the third one in the world. In 1887 he established a sanatorium for children with tuberculosis in Rabka. He was a pioneer of balneological treatment of children and prophylactic actions in infectious diseases. He was one of the first doctors to treat children against smallpox. He also paid a lot of attention to the mental development of children. He was an excellent doctor, organizer, lecturer, teacher and tutor of numerous groups of doctors.

Suggested
Suggested contents and articles.
Suggested Contents
The Pharmacy Museum of Collegium Medicum of the Jagiellonian University is located at 25 Floriańska Street and it is one of the largest institutions of this type in Europe. The museum was established in 1946. The organizer and the first director of the museum was Dr. Stanisław Proń. In the
Directly bordered by Krakow is a town older than the Poland. There has always been a human settlement near the local salt deposits, which gradually developed into a town – Wieliczka, in Old Polish Wielika. During the reign of King Casimir the Great, the city was surrounded by walls with
Jagiellonian University
Jagiellonian University was established in 1364. It is the oldest university in Poland and one of the oldest in the world. Today, Jagiellonian University is one of the most prestigious. Thousands of students draw inspiration from the legacy of University’s most famous alumni, such as Nicolaus Copernicus, Wislawa Szymborska and Karol Wojtyla (later Pope
Jagiellonian University Museum
Jagiellonian University Museum is located in University’s oldest building – Collegium Maius. Jagiellonian University was founded in 1364 by king Casimir III the Great. Initially, it did not have a headquarters and lectures were probably held in the Wawel Castle. In 1400, king Wladyslaw II Jagiello purchased a building at the
Comments
All comments.
Comments