Krakow Aeroclub was founded on the 30th of January 1928 and was named Academic Aeroclub of Krakow(AAK). It was the 2nd aeroclub created in Poland(the 1st one was founded in Warsaw). Its first president was dr. Tadeusz Halewski, one of its founders was Jan Soltykowski. In October 1929 for the first time was organized flying championship called Lot Południowo-Zachodniej Polski im. Franciszka Żwirki. This event is taking place till today. Before the WWII the club was using the airport at Czyżyny, since 1952 AK has its own airport at Pobiednik Wielki. The old airport at Czyżyny is now Polish Aviation Museum.