This was the name of the Nadwiślańskie thickets at the Norbertine convent in Kraków. In 1912, the Exhibition of Architecture and Interiors in the Garden Surroundings was opened in Błonia, near today’s Oleandry Street. The wooden circus standing here was dismantled to obtain free grounds. At that time, an indoor garden theater was built, which was called Oleandry. According to another version, Oleandra’s name comes from the row of oleanders decorating the main road of the exhibition grounds. The First Cadre trail started in Oleandry, because in August 1914 legionnaires spent the night in the theater building before going to Congress Poland. The theater building was demolished during World War I, and the land obtained was designated as plots for houses that still stand today. At the very last stage of its existence, the summer theater was called “Bagatela” – the name is continued by the Theater located at the corner of Karmelicka and Krupnicza Streets. In 1928, the construction of the House of Legionnaires, popularly known as Oleandry, began according to the design of Adolf Szyszko-Bohusz. After the war, the city authorities handed over the “Petrochemia” house. Legionnaires did not regain it until 1990. It was recognized as a monument and is, among others, the seat of the Museum of Independence Deed. In 1988, on the 70th anniversary of the First Cadre’s departure, 4 decorative plaques were embedded in the house column depicting: Józef Piłsudski, the marshal’s mace, the legionary eagle and two crossed rifles with a date.

Rate this post
Suggested contents and articles.
Suggested Contents
Flows through the city from the west to the east, below Kraków turns north-east. Flowing through the eastern end of the Grzbiet Tęczyński , it creates a amazing ravine. During a low water level, 26 cubic meters of water flow down the Vistula per second, during an average state of
A Polish social and independence activist, soldier, politician, and statesman who lived in the years 1867-1935. From 1893, a member of the three-person Central Workers’ Committee of the PPS, in 1894-1900 the editor-in-chief of Robotnik. During this time, he often stayed in Krakow. In 1901, after successfully escaping the arrest
All comments.