An old village near Krakow, today within the administrative borders of Krakow. Probably in the mid-12th century, the village was given by Jakse from Miechów to the Norbertine convent in Zwierzyniec. This was confirmed in 1254 and 1256 by the prince of Kraków, Bolesław the Chaste. Jan Długosz mentioned it in “Liber Beneficiorum”. The inhabitants of the village had huge obligations for the monastery. The group outlined complaints, for example in 1565 it appealed to King Zygmunt August Poniatowski “against the unbearable imposition of labor and the imprisonment of peasants”. The conflicts with the monastery lasted for several centuries, and they gained importance during the times of the Republic of Krakow. Despite numerous persecutions, arrests and public flogging, the peasants did not bow. The revolts stopped only in 1835 when the peasants were rented. The leaders of these movements, Grzegorz Korzeniak and Kazimierz Wyżga, have their streets in Olszanica.