In 1948, a state institution for programming, methodology and organization of socio-cultural activities was established, later called Community Center. The first place in Krakow was in the Pod Baranami palace, at Rynek Glowny 27 st.
Like many others, this institution was reorganized and resulted in the creation of Provinvial level.
Centeres like this supervise the instructional and methodological care of cultural education, the development of the amateur art movement, awakening and satisfying cultural needs, handicrafts, etc.
There are four such centers in Krakow – the largest is the H. Jordan Youth House.