Kapists were members of the Paris Committee, which was established in 1923 at the Academy of Fine Arts in Krakow. It consisted of 11 people, students of Józef Pankiewicz, whose aim was to go to Paris to study painting.

The members of the committee were:

  • Seweryn Boraczok
  • Jan Cybis
  • Józef Czapski
  • Józef Jarema
  • Artur Nacht-Samborski
  • Tadeusz P. Potworowski
  • Jacek Puget
  • Hanna Rudzka-Cybisowa
  • Zygmunt Waliszewski
  • Janusz Strzałecki
  • Marian Szczyrbuła.

Later the committee was joined by:

  • Dorota Seydenmanowa
  • Stanisław Szczepański.

All members of the Committee moved to Paris in 1924, where they established the Paris branch of the Academy of Fine Arts. Students were meeting the eminent French artists, organizing open-air discussions, meetings, they were also visiting museums and collections. The committee organized three major exhibitions of its members’ works: in Paris (1930), in Geneva (1931) and in Warsaw (1934). 

In 1931 Kapists created their own magazine called “Głos Plastyków” (English: The Voice of the Artists), and after returning to Poland, they became propagators of post-impressionist colorism, which was an inspiration for many artists.

Rate this post
Suggested contents and articles.
Suggested Contents
Jagiellonian University
Contents1 History1.1 15th – 16th centuries1.2 18th – 19th century1.3 Modern era2 Jagiellonian University today Jagiellonian University was established in 1364. It is the oldest university in Poland and one of the oldest in the world. Today, Jagiellonian University is one of the most prestigious. Thousands of students draw inspiration from
Academy of Fine Arts in Krakow
Beginnings of the Academy The Academy of Fine Arts in Krakow was established in 1818. Initially, it functioned under the name School of Drawing and Painting as a  subdivision of the Department of Literature at the Jagiellonian University. It gained full autonomy in 1873 as the School of Fine Arts. The
Jagiellonian University Museum
Contents1 History2 Exhibitions in the Jagiellonian University Museum2.1 The Library (Libraria)2.2 Professors’ Common Room (Stuba Communis)2.3 Treasury2.4 Copernicus Room2.5 Auditorium3 Visit the Jagiellonian University Museum Jagiellonian University Museum is located in University’s oldest building – Collegium Maius. Jagiellonian University was founded in 1364 by king Casimir III the Great. Initially,
Jan Matejko House
Contents1 Jan Matejko1.1 Historical painting1.2 Acclaimed artist2 Jan Matejko House3 Tickets and opening hours Jan Matejko Jan Matejko was born in 1838 in Krakow into a mixed family with Polish, German and Czech roots. He was one of eleven children. His mother died, when he was only seven years old, and his
All comments.