Larisch Palace

Located in 6 All Saints’ Square in Krakow, there is a palace commissioned by voivode Stefan Jordan. F. Placidi undertook the conversion of four medieval tenement houses into a magnate residence. The front facade of the tenement houses was located on Bracka Street, the palace has two gates and a representative staircase – a three-flight staircase, which was called the imperial staircase. The building was not finished and it was bought in this condition by Prince Massalski in 1700. He lived there for a short time, the palace changed owners frequently, already in 1806, Szczepan Humbert bought it and added a second floor. In the mid-nineteenth century, the next owner, Karol Lasrisch, made a barbaric reconstruction by destroying the imperial stairs and lowering the roof. Died in 1858, Baron Karol Larisch donated the building to the city for public purposes. For a certain period, there was a Teachers’ Seminary and an Training School, then the seat of the mayor, currently the Public Library. 

Rate this post
Suggested contents and articles.
Suggested Contents
Is located at Piłsudskiego 12 street in Krakow. Hubert Antoni Krasiński, owner of the Regimentarzówka in Ukraine, doctor and social worker. In 1883 he moved from Warsaw to Kraków, and here he built an elegant mansion there in 1884, designed by Antoni Siedek. After Krasiński’s death, the palace was purchased
Located was at Sławkowska 32 street. In the past, there was a hotel “under Sobieski” here. In the years 1882-1883, it was rebuilt according to the design of Karol Zaremba into a palace for Countess Brandysowa, and later for the Baden family. In 1921, the belvedere was built according to
There was no room for a palace in the urban concept of Krakow. It was a building that was contrary to the assumptions of the founding city, limited by defensive walls, where every square meter of area was worth its weight in gold. The thirteenth century urban planner divided the
All comments.