This cemetery was established in 1794 as a parish cemetery for citizens of city Podgórze found by Austrinas on the opposite bank of Vistula river from Krakow. It was closed in 1903. The oldest grave that remained there is from 1794 and belongs to the 15-year old Agnieszka Drelinkiewiczówna. There is also a grave of one of the organizers and leaders of Krakow uprising of 1846, Edward Dembowski. Some other people that a buried here are:
- Franciszek Maryewski, the last mayor of Pofgórze as a separate city;
- Wojciech Bernacki, the founder of a beautiful park and the headmaster of a school in Podgórze;
- Emil Serkowski, the former president of Podgórze;
- Honourable Podgórze families like Zollowie, Bergerowie, Jordanowie, Langerowie, Kaczmarscy, Jasińscy, Hołyńscy, Starowiejscy, Seelingowie, Wiśniowscy.