Piotr Jacek Pruszcz

Born in 1605, died in 1668, a pedel from the Krakow Academy. Writer, Krakow lover, born in Tuchola. The author of the first guidebook of Krakow entitled “Jewels of the capital city of Krakow” or “churches and what is worthy and significant about them, briefly described”. According to some researchers of Krakow’s past, the publisher of these guides was- Franciszek Cezary, not Pruszcz.

Pruszcz wrote subsequent guides in the years: 1650, 1745 and 1861. Apart from them, he also published: “The Fortress of Monarchs and the entire Polish kingdom, a clergyman” and “The sea of divine grace, in which God punishes Poland in various places at the images of Christ the Lord and His Holy Mother. he pours daily abundantly on the hearts of pious people”.

Rate this post
Suggested contents and articles.
Suggested Contents
The beginnings of the Polish press should be sought in Krakow. Here, from January 3 to May 4, 1661, “Merkuriusz Polski, the history of all the world within itself, closed for Informacyey pospotey”, was published. The publisher and editor was the secretary of King Jan Kazimierz – Hieronim Pinocci, and
It is located at Plac Szczepański number 3. It was built in 1965 according to the design of Krystyna Różyska. Previously, there was an Art Nouveau restaurant in this place. The remnants of the nearby Gothic house have been incorporated into the modern architecture of the Pavilion. As this property
Have you ever wondered how big the Krakow is and, primarily, how its area has been changing over the years? Below you can find some answers. First noted in documents, area of the City of Kings was 0,8 square kilometre. Not much, right? Prime expansion of boundaries taken place until
The Geological Museum of the Polish Academy of Sciences is located at 3 Senacka Street next to the Department of Dynamic Geology of the Institute of Geological Sciences of the Polish Academy of Sciences in Krakow. The museum houses collections that are over 100 years old. The Polish collection of
All comments.