Pras Palace

It is located at the corner of Wielopole and 4 Starowiślna Streets in Krakow. It used to be a department store called Bazar Polski, built-in 1921 by Tadeusz Stryjeński and Franciszek Mączyński. Bought in 1924 by the owner and editor of “Ilustrowany Kurier Codzienny” – by Marian Dąbrowski, and until 1939 it was the seat of this concern. The place was formerly called Psia Górka and there was a Calvinist cemetery. After World War II, it housed a press printing house, moved in the 1980s to a new building at Aleja Pokoju. Currently, it is the seat of the “Jagiellonia” and “Dziennik Polski” publishing houses.

Rate this post
Suggested contents and articles.
Suggested Contents
The palace is located at 71 Szlak Street, from the 10th century, there was a palace of Montelupich, who for almost 100 years were Polish postmaster. From this palace the monarchs entered Krakow. The next owners were the Jesuits, the Badenich family, and then the Tarnowski family. Stanisław Tarnowski, a
There was no room for a palace in the urban concept of Krakow. It was a building that was contrary to the assumptions of the founding city, limited by defensive walls, where every square meter of area was worth its weight in gold. The thirteenth century urban planner divided the
All comments.