Public Reading Rooms

The first public reading room in Poland was open in 1791 in Krakow by Jan Maj. Around 600 books, Polish and foreign magazines were available there.

Another person who opened a reading room was Jan Jerzy Friedlein, the owner of a bookbinding workshop and a book store.

In 1812 Jerzy Samuel Bandtkie made the reading room in Jagiellonian Library available for publicity.

At this moment public reading rooms are available in each public library.

Suggested
Suggested contents and articles.
Suggested Contents
The Pharmacy Museum of Collegium Medicum of the Jagiellonian University is located at 25 Floriańska Street and it is one of the largest institutions of this type in Europe. The museum was established in 1946. The organizer and the first director of the museum was Dr. Stanisław Proń. In the
Museum of Contemporary Art in Krakow – MOCAK
Museum of Contemporary Art in Krakow – MOCAK was opened in 2011, as the first purpose-built art gallery of contemporary art in Poland after World War II. It is now the largest such institution in Poland and one with a huge influence and impact. Its strategic objective is to change the
Princes Czartoryski Library
Czartoryski Museum The Princes Czartoryski Library was founded by the Czartoryski family, and most notably, by Princess Izabela Czartoryska and Prince Adam Kazimierz Czartoryski. The collection was originally a part of the Czartoryski Museum, established in 1796 in Pulawy, moved in 1882 to Krakow. In 1830 there were about 70,000 prints
Comments
All comments.
Comments