Saint John Kanty was a preacher, copyist and professor of theology at the Krakow Academy (Polish: Akademia Krakowska, which is now called the Jagiellonian University). He lived at the turn of the 14th and 15th centuries. He died in 1473 in Kraków. For 8 years he was the rector of the convent school in Miechów. In those years, and later, when he settled in Krakow, he was rewriting manuscripts and creating an extensive book collection. After Kanty’s death, this collection was donated to the Collegium Maius of the Krakow Academy. He later studied theology and became a canon at St. Florian’s Church. Already during his lifetime, some considered him holy. After his death, miraculous events took place at his grave.