The Church of the Sacred Heart of Jesus is located at Garncarska 24 Street in Krakow. It was built in the neo-Gothic style at the end of the XIX century and sacred in 1900. It was built on the basis of Władysław Kaczmarski‘s plans on land donated by Princess Wanda Jabłonowska.
The nuns serving in the church are called “Sercanki”. They belong to the congregation of the nuns of Saint Francis founded in Krakow in 1894. In the house of this congregation there is a museum with documents, souvenirs, personal belongings of Bishop Józef Sebastian Pelczar, who was the founder of the congregation.