Poet, translator, born in 1905 in Warsaw and buried there in 1953. He studied classical and English philology. He collaborated with magazines such as “Cyrulik Warszawski” or “Prosto z mostu” and others. He spent the war in prisoner-of-war camps. He returned to Poland, to Krakow in 1946 and lived here with his family. He wrote for “Przekrój” and “Tygodnik powszechny“. He also collaborated with the local cabaret “Siedem kotów“. While living in Szczecin or Mazury he wrote poems full of longing for Krakow, which were permanently inscribed in Polish poetry. One of the streets of the city is named after him.