This term is about public transport appeared in Krakow at the beginning of the 19th century. In 1850, 29 horse-drawn carriages were registered. A one-mile course cost about 20/40 cutters, over 50 cutters. Night courses were more expensive than daytime courses. Moreover, second-class carriages were cheaper.
There are two-seater vehicles bought from the townspeople who have their own carriages. Ambroży Grabowski in his “Memories” wrote that the carriages appeared on the main square on the 3rd of March 1855. There were also one-horse vehicles – ficars, which were cheaper than traditional two-horse vehicles. They could also be distinguished by the covering of the carriage. The main stop was right next to St. Mary’s Church and the Cloth Hall, as well as next to Szczepański Square, at the theater and at the main railway station.
In addition, a vehicle called Kariolka was also driving around Krakow. He maintained a constant connection between the post office and the railway station. On the 18th of March 1882, a horse-drawn tram was launched, the three-kilometer route of which connected the piedmont bridge with the railway station.