The Act of the Seym of 1550 allowed the nobility to purchase squares and real estate also in cities. As a result of this act, municipal real estate and suburban estates owned by the nobility or the clergy received judicial and administrative jurisdiction independent of the city, so they were subject only to the owner. Often, under the care of magnates, craft estates were created under the city borders, where many craftsmen were active who were not members of guilds, which allowed for practicing crafts without any charges. Such areas taken out of power, which were governed by their own rules, were called jurydyki. They weakened the city and contributed to its chaotic growth.
Wesoła was the first jury, and it was founded in 1639 by Katarzyna Zamoyska. They were formally abolished in 1791 by the “Law on Cities” and incorporated into the city of Krakow.