Philharmonic is named by Karol Szymanowski and is located at 1 Zwierzyniecka Street in Krakow.
Old musical traditions took over an organized form in 1817, when the Krakow Society of Friends of Music was founded, which can be considered as a first philharmonic in Poland. Wincenty Gorączkiewicz an organist at the Wawel Cathedral, stood for the choir and orchestra, composed of amateurs and professional musicians. Society existed until 1844. In the following years, various musical societies operated in Krakow. After World War II the State Philharmonic was established, it inaugurated its activity in the former “Świt” cinema. The great symphonic concert on the 3rd February 1945 was conducted by Zygmunt Latoszewski. Excellent events, Wawel Evenings and music festivals took place here. The facade of the building is decorated with a cartouche with the coat of arms “Trzy Korony” – the historical coat of arms of the Krakow Chapter.