St. Joseph Church is located on 2 Zamoyskiego Street in the heart of the Podgórze Market Square in Krakow. The construction of the church began in 1905 and took 4 years, it was built in the place of an earlier, smaller church that was pulled down. St. Joseph Church is of impressive size, in the neo-Gothic style, designed by Jan Sas Zubrzycki.
One of the towers is modeled on the taller tower of St. Mary’s Basilica. Ultimately, it was to be of greater height, which the Austrian military did not agree to, as it could become a landmark for the enemy army. Next to the church there are chapels and an old 19th century rectory.