The palace, located at no 4 All Saints’ Square, unfortunately, cannot be assigned to a specific sponsor, it is not known who built it. What is certain is that since 1655 it has been owned by Jan Wielopolski. Before that – Ostrogski, Tarnowski and others. It remained in the hands of the Wielopolski family until the mid-19th century. In 1655 the Swedes fired their cannons at Wawel. In 1787, King Stanisław August Poniatowski stayed here. In 1831, theater performances were held in the building. In 1836, Aleksander Wielopolski – governor of the Kingdom of Poland lived in the palace. The palace burned down during the great fire of Krakow in 1850. In 1864, it was purchased by the commune of the city of Kraków and entrusted its restoration to Paweł Barański. After reconstruction, it became the seat of the City Hall, and in 1910-1912 it was expanded with an outbuilding from the side of Poselska Street.
The facade of this outbuilding is decorated under the eaves with a frieze representing the coats of arms of Polish cities, painted by Wojciech Grzybowski according to the design of R. Idzikowski. The palace is decorated with a battlement attic. There are only four attics of this type in the city.
An interesting fact is a legend telling that at midnight a ghost is wandering around the castle – the White Lady – countess of Wielopolska, who was walled up in the basement of the palace for her affair with the butler.