A monthly magazine in Krakow devoted to the problems of contemporary architecture. There are many materials from the world achievements, examples and documentation of modern solutions. The magazine, with a caring and beautiful layout, has been published since 1992. Its first editor-in-chief was Ewa Smęder, publisher – Firma Wydawniczo-Reklamowa.
Bimonthly affiliated with the Jagiellonian University, edited in cooperation with the Scientific Circle of Theaterologists. It has been published since 1994 by the Krakow Theater Association. This interesting magazine, which enjoys great popularity in the theater circles of the whole country, is headed by a 3-person college: Łukasz Drewniak, Grzegorz
The beginnings of the Polish press should be sought in Krakow. Here, from January 3 to May 4, 1661, “Merkuriusz Polski, the history of all the world within itself, closed for Informacyey pospotey”, was published. The publisher and editor was the secretary of King Jan Kazimierz – Hieronim Pinocci, and
Formerly, cloth was made by a clothmaker, who weaved them from wool purchased on the market. As wool has always been popular and desirable, they tried to buy it directly in the countryside and ensure a monopoly on this raw material. Agents began to drive around the area and tried
In Planty and at the mouth of Łobzowska, the monument shows a character from Słowacki’s drama. At the moment when he plays the harp he tames the snakes around it. Funded by Henryk Jordan to commemorate Słowacki.
In Krakow, there are many monuments, commemorative plaques, outdoor sculptures and others decorating city streets and parks. Few of them are described below: Michał Bałucki – in the Planty Park, behind Słowacki’s theater, a bust of the author of T. Błotnicki Wojciech Bednarksi – at Parkowa in Podgórze, and in
An architect born in Warsaw but died in Krakow. He studied in Berlin, Italy and France. In 1856 he became a professor at the Department of Civil Engineering at the Technical Institute in Krakow. He built a min. building of the Scientific Society of Krakow, St. Stephen and Jude at
Podolacy – this was the name of the group in eastern Galicia in the 1860s and 1870s, which united the landowners who supported the autonomy of Galicia, but in which the advantage of the Ukrainians would be limited. Podolians also tried to maintain restrictions on the rights of the Jewish
It is located at Plac Szczepański number 3. It was built in 1965 according to the design of Krystyna Różyska. Previously, there was an Art Nouveau restaurant in this place. The remnants of the nearby Gothic house have been incorporated into the modern architecture of the Pavilion. As this property
Each country included in the Austro-Hungarian state had its patron saint, and such a patron of Galicia was St. Michael, Grand Duchy of Krakow – St. Stanisław, Lower Austria – St. Leopold, Upper Austria – St. Florian, Bukowiny – St. John of Suceava, Solnogod – St. Rupert and St. Joseph