Bookseller, lover of old Krakow, collector. Born in 1783 in Kęty, died in 1868 in Kraków. In 1797 he moved from Kęty to Kraków and he stayed here. For 20 years he worked in Antoni Grobel’s bookshop, in 1818 he established his own bookstore and antiquarian bookstore on Grodzka Street in Krakow. He lived in a low, one-story house at 15 Karmelicka Street, by the Rudawa River that flowed that way. Author of many publications eg “Historical description of the city of Krakow and its surroundings” or “Historical antiquities of Poland” and others. In 1824 he discovered the name of the author of St. Mary’s altar – Wit Stwosz, which had been forgotten over the centuries. Rummaging through the archives, he recalled many facts from the history of Krakow. His “Memoirs” are a treasury of knowledge about the city. Daughter Stefania, married Karol Estreicher. He went hiking and wandered in the Tatra Mountains.