Park of culture and recreation

Located in Krakow at Aleja Jana Pawla II, between old Krakow and Nowa Huta. The construction of this park began in 1966. According to the original concepts, it was to be a green barrier with an area of 230 ha, isolating the city from the nuisance of the steelworks. Unfortunately, it is constantly reducing its surface, for example by building the Academy of Physical Education. Recently it has only 70 ha.

Suggested
Suggested contents and articles.
Suggested Contents
It is surrounded by Szymanowskiego, Czarnowiejska and al. Mickiewicza street. Established in 1885 by the city councilor Stanisław Rehman, it covered 6 hectares. As a result of progressive development, it has decreased to its present borders and occupies 2/3 of the former area. Once upon a time, there were gardens
In Prądnik Biały district, around the former defensive palace of Kraków’s bishop Samuel Maciejowski, a Renaissance park was established in the 16th century with four ornamental plots, avenues, and lanes of linden, hornbeam, and elm trees. After the Swedish damage to the palace and park, a classicist manor house was
In Nowa Huta, on the Dłubnia River, a park was established separating the plant from the city. On the Dłubnia River, a reservoir of several hectares with an island was created. Thanks to sports facilities, this park is very popular among the residents of Nowa Huta in Krakow. Rate this
Krakow is a city relatively poor in greenery and places to relax – it has only 2.7 m2 of greenery per one inhabitant. The oldest garden in Kraków, probably established in 1241, is the garden at the Franciscan monastery. From the 16th century, private gardens began to appear at the
Comments
All comments.
Comments