Illuminator and painter, he came to Krakow from Silesia. He was closely related to Jan Długosz, the chapter and the royal court, he called himself “pictor et illuminator regius”. Towards the end of his life, he was ordained a minor priest. Author of images of 56 Teutonic banners captured at Grunwald and Koronowo, included in the work of Długosz. Probably his work is also the illuminations in two codes of the Wawel cathedral and in the Łęczyca gradule from 1467, funded by the Krakow canon, Adam Będkowski. He is also credited with the Image of the Virgin Mary in the altar in the Świętokrzyska chapel of the Wawel cathedral from the years 1470 – 148, probably funded by Queen Elizabeth.