St. Margaret and St. Judith Chapel is a small, wooden church located on ul. Blessed Bronisława. The place is associated with pagan times. Legend has it that two statues of the gods of wind stood near Krakow: Świst on Mount Lasota and Poświst, in the place where the described chapel
The palace, located at no 4 All Saints’ Square, unfortunately, cannot be assigned to a specific sponsor, it is not known who built it. What is certain is that since 1655 it has been owned by Jan Wielopolski. Before that – Ostrogski, Tarnowski and others. It remained in the hands
The palace is located at no 2 Asnyka Street in Krakow. Built in the second half of the 19th century and rebuilt in 1910 in the style of modernism. One should pay attention to the expressive figures of the four atlas supporting the balcony, they are very characteristic.
The palace is located at Józefa Piłsudskiego 4 street in Krakow. It was established in 1879 according to a design by Filip Pokutyński. Later it housed Resursa Krakowska. These were the headquarters of Krakow equestrian societies. The palace was bombed during World War II. Rebuilt after the war, right now
The palace located at 5 Topolowa Street in Krakow, erected in the neoclassical style in 1901 – 1904 for Leon Mańkowski, designed by Józef Sowinski and Władysław Kaczmarski. Its rich interior decorations have been preserved. After World War II, the palace was the residence of Kraków voivodes, and in 1954
As you may see in the title – Zygmunt Robel was a toxicologist. However, his history is far more interesting. He was born in 1886 in Krakow as a son of a military official. Graduated Jaggielonian University – in 1912 ended his Ph.D. in chemistry. During his studies, Robel did
Located at 18 Tyniecka Street, in the Dębniki district in Krakow. In the 19th century, a late-classicist villa was erected on the foundations of an old building. In the 1870s, the villa was expanded into a palace by adding a floor, a tower and a neo-renaissance façade. At the end
Is located at 20 Straszewskiego street in Krakow. It was built according to the design of Maksymilian Nitsch. It is characterized by the neo-renaissance style, as evidenced by the columned loggias between two avant-corps referring to the old city buildings. In the years 1970-1977 it was restored.
There was no room for a palace in the urban concept of Krakow. It was a building that was contrary to the assumptions of the founding city, limited by defensive walls, where every square meter of area was worth its weight in gold. The thirteenth century urban planner divided the
Bielany is the name of the south-western part of Las Wolski, forest located only around 7km from Krakow city centre. The central part of Bielany is Srebrna Góra(Silver Mountain), high hill with a Camaldolese monastery on the top of it. The name of the convent comes from the name of