Blessed Bronisława Chapel is located in Krakow, next to the Kościuszko Mound. Once upon a time there was a hermitage in this place, where Blessed Bronisława lived and died. After her death, a cross was set there, and in 1702 a small chapel was built. During the construction of the
St. Benedict Church is located on Lasota Hill, near the Krakus Mound in Krakow. The church is small, built in the Romanesque-Gothic style. In the past, it was only opened twice a year: for an indulgence on the feast of St. Benedict and on the first Tuesday after Easter during
Kochanów was a manor house built in 1839 by Jan Jancenty Kochanowski and his wife Magdalena, née Dembińska. It was located at the corner of Straszewskiego and Wolska streets (today Piłsudskiego). The manor house housed the first daguerreotype workshop of Szymon Żabiński in Krakow. Later, a tenement house was built on
St. Margaret and St. Judith Chapel is a small, wooden church located on ul. Blessed Bronisława. The place is associated with pagan times. Legend has it that two statues of the gods of wind stood near Krakow: Świst on Mount Lasota and Poświst, in the place where the described chapel
Podolacy – this was the name of the group in eastern Galicia in the 1860s and 1870s, which united the landowners who supported the autonomy of Galicia, but in which the advantage of the Ukrainians would be limited. Podolians also tried to maintain restrictions on the rights of the Jewish
It is located at Plac Szczepański number 3. It was built in 1965 according to the design of Krystyna Różyska. Previously, there was an Art Nouveau restaurant in this place. The remnants of the nearby Gothic house have been incorporated into the modern architecture of the Pavilion. As this property
In other words, it is a skimmer, a craftsman who produces belts and haberdashery, i.e. textiles used to decorate uniforms, liturgical vestments and upholstered furniture. The first piece of information about Krakow’s pasamonki comes from 1365, when they agreed with saddlers from Grodzka Street that the latter ones made by themselves
There are six landscape parks in Krakow: Bielańsko – Tyniecki Landscape Park – its area is 5410 hectares. It includes: Krzemionki Zakrzowskie, the Sowiniec range, the Tynieckie Hills, the Vistula gorge between Tyniec and Piekary, the Skołczanka reserve, Maiden Rocks, Bielańskie Rocks. Dłubniański Landscape Park: Its area covers 6,970 hectares.
High on the right bank of the Vistula River there are limestone hills, the afforestation of which began in the interwar years. Beautiful walking paths and grottoes add charm to the park. According to legend, Master Twardowski had his sorcerer’s laboratory in one of the caves here. There are other
Behind the Nowa Huta , the remnants of the villages of Mogiła and the Vistula, there is a park called the Mogilski Forest. It covers 32 hectares, and in summer it is often visited by the inhabitants of Krakow.